TroopMaster (https://tmweb.troopmaster.com/) is an online website/application that captures the Scout’s individual rank and merit badge advancement. While the Scout Leaders will attempt to keep your Scout’s records up-to-date, it also falls on the shoulders of the Scout’s parents and guardians to assist in this effort.
To get access to TroopMaster:
A user name and password is required to access TroopMaster. It will be sent to you from email address DoNotReply@troopmaster.email
To request a user name and default password, send an email to Eva Benedetto at email@example.com
To update a Scout’s advancement, complete the following steps:
After a merit badge or rank advancement, the Scout’s individual records on TroopMaster should be updated, reflecting the completion of the merit badge’s requirements.
- Logon to TroopMaster (https://tmweb.troopmaster.com/)
- Click Advancement.
- Click Boy Scout Advancement.
- Click View in the row that is associated with your Scout’s name.
- The next step is dependent on what is being updated, rank or merit badge.
- Click the rank to be updated. Note that all current rank advancements are listed, including those that have already been completed and even future rank requirements the Scout has completed, but the rank itself is not yet being worked on.
- Click Edit.
- Add the completion date (MM/DD/YY) to the rank advancement task.
- Click Save when done.
Merit badge advancement:
- Click Partial MeritBadges.
- Click Edit.
- Select a merit badge to be added by finding it in the Select Badge drop-down list and click Add if the merit badge is not listed.
- Click the Pencil-In-The-Box icon next to the merit badge name to edit it. Note that clicking the merit badge name will display the requirements for the merit badge.
- Click within the Requirements Complete box to add completed requirements (by alphanumeric number value).
- Click Save.
- The date provided to TroopMaster should match the date the same task was completed in the Scout’s book or merit badge card.
- In most cases, parents and guardians cannot sign-off on requirements for their Scout. Instead, approach any Scout Leader and they will work with your Scout to ensure the requirement has been completed fully and successfully. At which point, the Scout Leader will update TroopMaster on your Scout’s behalf.